In this article you will find links to my presentations on SlideShare site, they are about building Embedded Linux systems.
- First one is a revision on the most common Linux commands to make you familiar about next steps: http://www.slideshare.net/sherif_mosa/001-linux-revision
- Second one will give you a hint about shell scripting under Linux systems, as you will need to write your own ones after that: http://www.slideshare.net/sherif_mosa/003-scripting
- The third one is about Embedded Linux Systems in general: http://www.slideshare.net/sherif_mosa/002-embedded-linuxintroduction
- The fourth one is a very good tutorial about building your own Linux distribution for your PC (X86), it’s very simple. You will not learn a lot from that tutorial, but you will be happy to test it with your hands and see the result quickly: http://www.slideshare.net/sherif_mosa/003-embedded-linuxminiosx86
- The fifth one is more harder and a bit difficult. You will be able to learn how to build your own Linux distro for another system, such as ARM platforms, get a full system at final, and test it on Qemu (Hardware Emulator): http://www.slideshare.net/sherif_mosa/building-embedded-linux-full-tutorial-for-arm
Enjoy these tutorials, and I promise to put more about that topic very soon🙂
If you have any questions about Embedded Linux, feel free to contact me directly and I will try to help as much as I can.